Friday 30 November 2012

Author Hot Seat - Fiona Archer

The author hot seat specials are designed to help readers get to know some of today's popular and up and coming authors a little better. The questions are broken into four sections - About your writing, about you, fun stuff and finally. Some of the questions are easy, other may need a little more thought and some may cause our author friends to hesitate before answering. Still, they all answer.

Today my friend and fellow author, Fiona Archer is sitting in the hot seat. Fiona has her first book releasing this month. It's called Chloe's Double Draw and although I haven't had time to read the finished product yet, from the pre-published sections I've been privileged to see, if you like cowboy's and menage stories with a touch of BDSM then you'll love Fiona's book. 

Let's hand it over to Fiona and see if we can make her squirm in the Hot Seat for a bit.


About your writing:

How did you get started as a writer?

I’ve always had a love for reading and have wanted to write a romance since I was fifteen. After my 40th birthday, I decided it was time to live my dream. So one day I sat down and started to type.

Why do you write?

Because I can’t afford the medication if I don’t! The voices in my head demand their stories and I’m happy to oblige.

Have you ever had a day you wanted to quit and never write again?

Hell, yes! When you let the self-confidence thief takes over, writing then becomes a path full of boulder sized rocks you have to climb over. But you keep on typing away, and soon those boulders turn into pebbles and then flecks of dust.

Do you feel lucky to be doing what you are doing?

Lucky? Hmm, I’m not sure that’s the right word. I’m eternally grateful for the opportunity. I’ve worked hard to get this far and know I have so much more to learn. I’m aware life can kick you in the pants when you least expect it to, so if luck has anything to do with keeping that boot from my posterior, then I’m happy to embrace that good fortune.  

Tell me how you got to where you are today?

By drinking copious amounts of coffee!

In truth, I had so much to learn about the craft of writing. I read books on the subject and took classes over the internet. Along the way, I made some wonderful friendships with other authors who graciously passed on some of their knowledge. And I kept typing away. You can’t edit a blank page. So getting those words down was my number one priority. 

How do your family/spouses react to your work as an author? Do they know what you write? 

Sure, my family know what I write. This is my life, and is how I make my living, how I spend the majority of my time. There’s no point in hiding that from those closest to me, including my friends.  

About you:

What are you passionate about in life?

Family, friends, my fur babies, a good story and the absolute best tasting iced coffee.

If you had to give a thank-you speech at the Oscars, who would you thank and what would you say?

Best screenplay? Fabulous, thanks! You’ll have to excuse me for limping. My backside is numb from sitting for so long and these shoes are killing me. Mind if I change into my slippers now? Oh, and, sweetie, can I have the name of your plastic surgeon?

What are the three most important life lessons you’ve learned that might make life easier for others?

No matter how much you want something, if that special ingredient is missing—be that love, attraction, or talent—sheer will alone won’t make it happen.

Always save your current WIP on a regular basis. Email it to yourself after each 1,000 words. Back up to an external hard drive. Take steps now. Because at some point in time, your computer will crash and you will lose data. Then the wailing will begin and it won’t be pretty.

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. Whom would it be and why?

Oh, definitely the heroine of my novel, Chloe’s Double Draw. Caught between two Doms and loving every minute of it? Yes, please.

What's the worst thing you did as a kid?

Nope, not telling. Ever.

What do you do to have fun?

I love going to the movies, reading murder mysteries (and watching them on telly), eating out with friends and sitting in the back garden with my fur baby.

Share a funny incident in your life.

I’d always wanted to get my ears pierced but was terrified of the pain. On the last weekend of a holiday in Washington State, my friend challenged me to do something special to see off my visit. Bring on the pierced ears! Several glasses of bubbly were imbibed to fortify my courage. Now, slightly, um, tipsy, and with my friend holding my hands and telling me to breathe, I ended up getting my ears pierced at this little discount jewelry shop in Seattle. I purchased a pair of tiny diamanté studs, plus a tiara, and then went crazy and also bought flower and diamanté flip flops. I proceeded to wear my new treasures as we shopped in Seattle. I soon discovered that city understands that sometimes a girl needs to let her tiara shine and hey, when you smile and are happy, that can prove to be infectious to those around you.

Fun Stuff:

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see play the lead role as you?

Michelle Pfeiffer. Not only is she my spitting image with her to-die-for cheekbones and tiny bum (cough), she can also do that “death-ray” stare that I used to practice in my bedroom mirror as a fifteen year old.

If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?

Rich Chocolate. Luscious and decadent. LOL


What is your favorite color- food- song- movie?

Colour – Purple
Food – slow cooked corned beef with white onion sauce
Song – gosh, no idea.
Movie – heck, too many to pick one.

What's the funniest pick up line ever used on you?

Never had one used on me.

What's the one thing you can't live without?

Books!

And finally:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
                       -An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
                       -An old friend who once saved your life.
                       -The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
You can only fit one person in your car, who would you choose to offer a ride to?

I’d pull up and offer my seat and the passenger spare to the my friend and the old lady. Then…I’d huddle under an umbrella with my perfect partner. Just think of the luscious ways we could warm up back at my place afterwards!

Thanks so much Fiona for being here in the hot seat, I've really enjoyed it and hope everyone else has as well. Here is a little bit more information about Fiona, her book and a excerpt from Chloe's Double Draw. 

If you like what you read Fiona is giving away a free ebook copy of Chloe's Double Draw to one lucky reader. To enter, comment on this post and leave your email address by midnight on the 1st December. The winner will be selected using random.org and notified at the email address left with their comment.

Don't forget to follow this blog so you can be notified of who else is appearing in our hot seat and check out some great new authors like Fiona.


Author Bio

I live in the sunny environs of Sydney, Australia, and share a house with my dog, Letty. Oh, and the flock of cockatoos that take over the back yard each afternoon, demanding their feed of Arnott's Milk Arrowroot Biscuits. Things get a little noisy around 3.00pm in our household.

My love of romance started back when I was twelve and my mum's stash of Mills and Boon novels proved too much of a temptation. At fifteen, I decided the life of a romance writer was for me. Some…ah…years later, I've clawed together enough gumption to make my dream a reality.

When not sitting in front of the computer, I can be found in the garden or enthralled watching a murder mystery DVD. I limit myself to reading other authors' work between writing my own stories. Books are my “shiny” distractions.

Blurb for Chloe’s Double Draw.

Chloe Morgan fled to King’s Bluff, Wyoming, to start a new life. With a past that haunts her, the shy schoolteacher must make a choice. She can hide away and protect her secrets or embrace the acceptance of the small community.

Noah King and Flynn Taylor have traveled the world as members of Australia’s elite SAS. They’ve earned scars, both inside and out. Now powerful influencers in King’s Bluff, Wyoming, a town founded by Noah’s ancestors, the men have made a haven from the ranch Noah inherited.

One look at Chloe convinces Noah and Flynn she’s worth pursuing. Introducing her to BDSM and the ménage lifestyle accepted by the town will be a hard sell. She’s scared, skittish, and refusing their advances.

As the two Doms strive to gain her trust, Chloe’s past crashes in on them, threatening their futures. When a man obsessed with her tracks down his prey, nobody could have imagined how high the stakes would go.

Excerpt - Chloe's Double Draw by Fiona Archer.

The burn in Chloe’s nipple morphed into a sweet throb. Desire shot straight to her core. Her control was slipping away from her, melting in a puddle at their feet. If she gave in now, she’d never be able to walk away.
“No, I can’t. I won’t—Oh. My. God. What’s that?” Pain gripped her other nipple. She looked down. Flynn kneeled in front of her, adjusting something—tweezer-like things with rubber ends—on her nipple. She rocked forward. A tiny bell, hanging from the clamp, tinkled.
Helpless, she watched Flynn lift a second clamp, connected by a chain to the first, to her other nipple, still caught between Noah’s finger and thumb.
“Nooo.” This was so foreign and delicious.
“Breathe and settle. Center you thoughts on your nipple. It’s not hurting anymore, is it? Burning, yes, but not hurting.” Noah’s free hand sank between her wet folds. He pressed against her clit just enough to drive her higher while denying her release.
Again, she let her head fall back against his chest, her eyes closing. He thrust two fingers deep inside her core the moment the sharp bite of the clamp bit down on her remaining nipple. She opened her mouth. No sound escaped.
Never, she’d never felt anything…It had hurt before, but now it went beyond a burn. It was more than she’d ever imagined.
Inside her warmth, Noah swiped his finger in a circle, grazing her sensitive spot. Yes. Right there.
A warm lick caressed her nipple. She jolted. Tinkling sounds filled the air. Their light pings contrasted to the heavy thud of her heart.
“How does it feel, sweetness, having your nipples clamped?” Flynn’s voice drifted over her as he skimmed the back of his fingers over her breasts.
She battled to center her thoughts. “It feels amazing, too much.”
“Poor baby. We’re just warming up.”
She opened her eyes in time to catch Flynn lift the thin sliver of chain connecting the clamps and give it a gentle tug.
An avalanche of sensation sparked from her nipples and ran down straight to her pussy. “I…oh, oh, I can’t—”
Noah lowered his head until his warm breath caressed her ear. “You don’t have permission to speak.” His teeth nipped her lobe.
She moaned at the sharp sting. How could she crave this kind of pain?
Flynn wrapped his hand in her hair and tugged, dragging her gaze up to his. “Do we need to gag you?”
Oh, hell! Her pussy clamped like a vise around Noah’s fingers.
“Flynn, she’s gripping me hard.” He used his head to press hers further into his shoulder as he licked a line up the side of her neck. “Your need for domination goes far deeper than you’ve confessed, doesn’t it, little one? You need to be taken, sometimes rough and hard. You want to scream and struggle and know that no matter what you say or do, you can’t get free.”
Yes!
At Flynn’s cool gaze, she pressed her lips together. No, they wouldn’t let her speak. Not now, when she teetered on the edge of full capitulation. His denial jacked up her need, becoming even more frantic when Noah withdrew his fingers from her pussy.
Flynn kneeled between her legs. “She’s just confirming what we knew all along. It’s true, isn’t it, Chloe? You love it when you’re taken in hand.” His fingers spread her lips wide. She tensed as his breath fanned over her wetness. Fire raced through her as he licked the tip of her clit. “Weak men don’t attract you.”
Lick.
“You want them strong, determined.”
Lick.
“Prepared to wrestle you from your own fears.”
Lick.
“Take you down, show you who’s in command.”
His mouth closed over her clit, sucking hard. A starburst of pleasure exploded from her clit. She came with such force that her heels knocked against the chest as her legs jerked with each wicked lick and suck from Flynn.
He showed no mercy, his tongue flicking over her swollen bundle of nerves as another orgasm, so quick after the first, shattered what remained of her composure and left her breathless.
“Nothing can hold us back now. Feel how your body reacts to our words. You’re on fire, luv.” Noah’s lips trailed kisses down the side of her face and neck.
They’d left her with nowhere to hide, utterly defenseless. Her hands curled into fists. She crumpled back against Noah. Her eyes widened. Something hard, very hard, was within her reach. A smile pulled at her mouth. She ran a knuckle over the bulge. Maybe she wasn’t so defenseless after all.
“Don’t you dare,” Noah warned.
Hot ribbons of excitement raced along her body. No way was she stopping now.
She rubbed her fist against the denim covering his erection. Noah’s sharp hiss drove her on, her strokes longer and harder. Could she make her hard-ass warrior come in his pants?
Too late, she saw Noah’s hand reach for the chain connecting her clamps.
She squished her eyes closed and panted against the clamp’s spicy bite. “Oh. Oh, Sir.” Breathe.
Noah finally released the chain, letting it thud against her hot skin.
Flynn’s next words had her eyes popping open. “Obviously, we’ve been too gentle.”
Aaaahh.” She cried out as Flynn slapped her pussy. Tiny waves of bliss rolled outward from her clit, not enough to allow orgasm.
“Silence,” Noah ordered.
Ready to beg, she clamped her jaw tight.
Flynn lifted up a black velvet pouch and pulled out a butt plug, held it up for her to see.
So big. Her back passage clenched in anticipation.
“See this? It’s nearly as big as me. We’re going to get you nice and stretched. Then I’m going to fuck your arse.”
“Right after I slide into that hot, wet pussy,” Noah said.
They wanted to drive her insane. That had to be their plan.

To purchase Chloe's Double Draw visit the bookstrand website at http://www.bookstrand.com/chloes-double-draw 

You can also read up on Fiona's stories and what she's up to by visiting her website at www.fionaarcher.com

or connect with her on facebook by going to the following pages
  





3 comments:

  1. Hey, you didn't answer all Jan's questions either! LOL. BTW - I already have the book, so don't enter me in the draw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone else noticed that so many romance Authors started by reading Mills and Boon? I wonder how many of you lay on your chaise lounge while wearing Pink? Congrats on the book Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Fiona's house Lady Mac and there was no pink in sight, she did have a lounge though...lol

    ReplyDelete