Friday 15 February 2013

Author Hot Seat Welcomes Kate Belle


The author hot seat specials are designed to help readers get to know some of today's popular and up and coming authors a little better. The questions are broken into four sections - About your writing, about you, fun stuff and finally. Some of the questions are easy, other may need a little more thought and some may cause our author friends to hesitate before answering. Still, they all answer. 

Today we have Author Kate Belle with us. Kate is an Aussie author and one of the contributors to the Edible Delights Anthologies that are releasing through Secret Cravings Publishing beginning in May this year. While we wait for her raunchy tale Banquet to appear in Edible Delights Vol 2, Kate has a new release out, Breaking the Rules, information about this and her other books follow her interview, so read on. 

From my interactions with Kate as part of the Edible Delights working group, I'm really interested in seeing the answers to the hot seat questions. From what I know of Kate, she is likely to say anything...lol

About your writing:

How did you get started as a writer?

At five I learnt to spell. At eight I was writing and editing my own magazines about Mickey Mouse. It was short leap from there to writing erotica.

Why do you write?

Because it’s a great excuse to drink too much coffee and wine? Because I’m too lazy to get dressed up nice and go to work? Maybe it’s just because I have to or I’ll die.

Have you ever had a day you wanted to quit and never write again?

Blasphemy!

Do you feel lucky to be doing what you are doing?

I think everybody else does. I’m such a pain in the bum when I’m doing things I don’t enjoy. I feel lucky enough to want to do it for the rest of my life.

Tell me how you got to where you are today?

Lying. A good story teller has to know how to lie. Or at least exaggerate wildly. Reading above my ability - it inspires me to go back and fix my lazy mistakes. Learning to be a re-writer rather than a writer. I’ve heard sleeping with the right people helps, although I haven’t had the opportunity to try that out yet – but hopefully it will come along soon.

How do your family/spouses react to your work as an author? Do they know what you write?

I am the manufacturer of my beloved’s drug of choice – sexy stories. As for the rest of them, they can’t wait to read and be proud, embarrassed and horrified (in equal measure) by what I write.


About you:

What are you passionate about in life?

Sex. (Oops. Did I just say that out loud?) Writing. Coffee. Flirtation. Libraries. Second-hand clothing. My glorious daughter. Wine. Friends. Hot showers. Eccentric people. Starry nights. Outdoor baths. New experiences. Fresh sheets. Fighting for social justice and the environment. Bitching about my age. Oh, heck, life. I’m passionate about life!

If you had to give a thank-you speech at the Oscars, who would you thank and what would you say?

I don’t own a budgie so I guess it would have to be my dogs, Bear and Belle the Greyhound. Seriously though? “I’d like to thank my long suffering, high-maintenance hubby. You’re a right pain in the arse, but I love you anyway. That goes for the rest of you too.”

What are the three most important life lessons you’ve learned that might make life easier for others?

1.  Wishing for a dream only works if you’re doing something about it.
2. Ask lots of questions. And smile while you’re doing it. And don’t take no for an answer unless it’s the only answer left.
3. Don’t wear underpants to bed. It’s good to give your bottom a rest at night. (That one’s compliments of my Grandmother – God rest her crazy soul.)

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. Whom would it be and why?

Maybe Marilyn Monroe. It would be nice to feel and look like a Goddess for a while. And imagine having access to THAT body for a week – woah!

What's the worst thing you did as a kid?

Write and edit my own magazines on Mickey Mouse.

What do you do to have fun?

Hah! That’s between me, my dearly beloved and the batteries. And the pages of my books!

Share a funny incident in your life.

I wrote this very silly author hot seat blog post once for a gorgeous gal named Jan Graham – and she posted it!!! What a card!


Fun Stuff:

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see play the lead role as you?

Hollywood make a movie about me? Ha – now THAT’S funny. It would gross all of about 2c!

If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?

Hot potato covered in chocolate fudge sauce. What? You asked!

What is your favorite color- food- song- movie?

Color – ocean
Food – pastry/cake
Song – changes with my mood – must I choose?
Movie – Harold and Maude

What's the funniest pick up line ever used on you?

‘Show me your palm and I’ll read it for you. Oh. You are looking for a lover, you’re lonely.’ 
He was quite an attractive Spanish traveler – and he had no idea I was 3 months pregnant at the time! You should have seen his face when I showed him my wedding ring.

What's the one thing you can't live without?

My iPad, laptop, notebook and pen. Oh hang on, that’s four things. Okay. My imagination.

And finally:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
                       -An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
                       -An old friend who once saved your life.
                       -The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
You can only fit one person in your car, who would you choose to offer a ride to?


Let’s see – the old lady is about to die and I don’t do first aid so there’s not much I can do for her. I owe the old friend a favor – but I couldn't leave the perfect partner behind, so I’d do the perfect partner on the bonnet, possibly finishing off the old lady in the process, leave them my number, then drive away laughing with my friend. I think.


Thanks Kate, that was one of the most interesting Author Hot Seat's to date, I laughed, I cried (with laughter), I pray to god I'm never the old woman at the bus stop needing a lifesaving lift :) 

So does everyone else think, will we give Kate the prize for the most Hot Seat answers to put a huge smile on our faces?

For those of you who are interested in taking a look at Kate's new release please read. I wish you many sales Ms Belle, thanks for being here today and I look forward to seeing on Truth or Dare very soon.

To find out more about Kate and her amazing life check out the following places: Kate's WebsiteFacebook or Twitter @ecstasyfiles


Breaking the Rules

The first in a series of erotic novellas, featuring different women whose lives are changed by Ramon Mendez, a handsome, charismatic lover...

Grace is a beautiful woman in complete control of her world. A long time ago she chose a career over children and marriage, and has never regretted it.

Then Ramon Mendez walks into her office.

Ramon is about to commence his PhD, a work on erotic literature, and from the outset there is something about him that makes Grace’s blood run hot. Aware of the need to maintain her professional reputation, she rejects his subtle advances, but he persists. And during their intimate supervision sessions, her defenses start to crumble. Ramon’s ‘work’ is about to expose desires within Grace she never knew existed…

To buy Breaking the rules visit: Amazon  or  iBooks

Bloom

The second in a series of erotic novellas, each featuring different women whose lives are changed by Ramon Mendez, a handsome, charismatic lover of women...

Thirty-six-year-old Emma’s life looks perfect. She loves her straight-laced husband Gary, who has given her three beautiful children and a secure life. But something is missing. Gary hardly notices her anymore and she feels frumpy and invisible.

Her friend, Lisa, talks her into joining a social boot camp class. Emma immediately recognizes their instructor as the gorgeous runner she sees each evening while walking her dog in the park. He introduces himself as Ramon Mendez. In spite of herself Emma is besotted.

Before long her mind is filled with guilty fantasies of him. One evening, when things at home have become too much to bear, she bumps into him alone in the park. An opportunity presents itself and no one need ever know. Ramon promises and delivers everything that’s missing from her marriage - passion, romance and excitement - but Emma must discover if they are the things she really wants.

To buy bloom visit: Amazon  or  iBooks






3 comments:

  1. "You’re a right pain in the arse, but I love you anyway. That goes for the rest of you too.”

    A woman after my own heart hahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly Lady MacBeth, it was one of the funnier quotes from the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous interview!

    ReplyDelete